Barnyard Kennels and Cattery
“Barnyard is a family run business, and all we ever speak about around the dinner table is animals. We have an incredible passion for animal welfare which we have all been very active in at some point in our lives. This has contributed to our wealth of knowledge when it comes to animal care in general.
We take the caring of your animals very seriously and do it with extreme love, which your animals would tell you I’m sure.”
Marge has been an avid animal lover since her school days. Marge actively supports rescue, spay and neuter clinics when called upon by animal organisations. She acquired her SPCA inspectorate at a young age. She assisted a Vet in Paarl by attending the townships and holding clinics to care and help the animals in need.
Marge has also acquired her AWA certificate (Animal welfare certificate).
An insane love for Animals is obviously a prerequisite for working at Barnyard. We are really fortunate to have a wonderful team of people helping us care for your beloved pets. Answering somebody and they say “Oh I’m talking to “Rufus” etc is a very regular occurrence. I’m sure you can all relate to speaking to your animals, It’s a must.
Our main carers have been with us since opening back in 1999.
Safety and Security
While in our care your pets Safety and Security is of utmost importance. We have Electric Fencing and CCTV cameras. All our exits are double gated so that even the most notorious escape artist can’t slip through.
Our Wishes/Your Checklist
- Up to date vaccination books needs to be presented on arrival (incl Kennel Cough Vac for dogs)
- No Bedding or if you must, minimal light bedding please.
- We use Stainless Steel bowls and won’t require yours from home.
- Dogs/Cats to be flea and tick free and have received a recent tick or flea treatment.
- If bringing your own food please place it in a well sealing Tupperware container with your dogs feeding requirements clearly marked. Please ensure we have enough for the duration of your pets stay.
- Medication to be in it’s original Vet packaging with clear dosage instructions.
- Special Shampoo should your dog have a tricky skin.
- Our hours are more than ample, we ask that you please respect them.